Thursday 30 October 2014

Let's abolish the fat and skinny stereotypes!

Lately everything has been pretty hectic. I've suffered through an immense amount of loss, I've gotten an offer to work somewhere completely different to what I usually do, and my YouTube collaboration project is growing more than I thought it would!

I'm forever in debt to the people who have been there for me in the past few weeks: Jimmy, Taylah, my sister, my mother, Jessie and many more.

Unfortunately i've strayed from my original exercise/diet regime, which I plan on resuming ASAP, and it's taken a toll on my motivation and self esteem, mainly on my dress size. A size 16 isn't that bad when you put it into perspective, but it feels like a sucker punch to the gut when someone reminds you that you are in fact 'plus sized'.

I don't quite understand why being a curvy girl equals being plus sized, and why there are negative connotations behind having a voluptuous body, all logic has escaped me on that topic; and it annoys me more-so when that cute dress I want isn't available in my size, because they only stock up to size 14?! What a crock of bullshit in my opinion, embrace all body types. Make maxi dresses for those who have to hem them, not everyone is 5'9", and give rompers a little more room for your vagina to move about, I don't exactly enjoy having an incessant camel toe thanks, us taller girls enjoy a flirty floral jumpsuit as much as the next person.

That's just my two cents on that topic. I'm going to be doing a similar rant on the media portrayals of 'perfection' on my YouTube channel, make sure to look out for that!

Catch you guys later,


Taylor
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages