Wednesday 17 September 2014

Makeup Review | Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturiser

Recently I paid a visit to my closest Mecca Maxima to get a new foundation, as my old one was empty, and to be honest it just barely did it's job. The lovely ladies working there did not disappoint me in their customer service. So please, if you live in Australia or NZ, please do pop into your closest Mecca store, the MUA's working there are more than willing to give you their advice on anything beauty related.

I digress from the point though. I discussed my beauty dilemmas with the MUA appointed to me (whose name I don't remember, sorry about that!) and soon enough we found a product that we were both happy with!

The Box



The box is simple enough, it's not too flashy, but still aesthetically pleasing. Standard open at top box, just big enough to allow the product inside to slip out with ease.

Product Packaging



The packaging itself i would consider to be quite pretty. It's pretty minimalist, all you really need to know about the product is on the front of the bottle. it's a lovely sheer peanut shell colour for the bottle, and a darker chestnut colour for the lid. When you pop off the lid you're met with a pump nozzle, so this alone has already put this product in my good books.

The Product

The product itself just looks like a normal foundation. I bought it in the shade Ivory. It feels creamy when you put it on and leaves your skin looking smooth and dewy when it settles in. Results will be 10 times better if you put on a primer first, I use the Stila One Step Correct! The best thing about this product is that it doesn't clog your pores. I haven't experienced a single break out since using this product!

Here is a swatch i did on my hand to show you

Here is 1/2 pump applied directly to my hand:


Using my fingers, i gently blended it into my hand.


As you can see the red patched on my hand in the first picture all but disappeared. The foundation itself gives you more of a medium coverage, but it is definitely buildable so you can use as much or as little as you want!

This is most definitely a long lasting product. I had it on my face from around 1-7pm, and I wasn't overly shiny, nor was i orange, which is something I've experienced with a lot of foundations.

I highly recommend this foundation to anyone who is reading this, I've literally fallen in love with this product, which is honestly saying a lot because i'm mostly indifferent towards a lot of things I've tried.

You can find the product HERE. See you guys next week for another product review! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages